If you have an urgent concern regarding Safeguarding please telephone the school to discuss this with either:
Designated Safeguarding Lead or Deputy Safeguarding Leads
Mrs Easton - Headteacher Mrs Owen - Deputy Headteacher
Mrs Budge - FLO
Mrs Croombs – Business manager
Mrs Franks – EYFS Lead
Mrs Robinson - Nursery Lead
Miss Sanders – Administrative Officer
Non-urgent contact can be made through firstname.lastname@example.org.
At St Mary’s Island CEA Primary School and Nursery, all staff are aware that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and the children’s needs are paramount. All staff are taught how to: Recognise, Respond, Record and Refer.
Worried about a Child?
See below for information, help, support, and advice if you are worried about a child in Medway.
Making a referral to Medway Council Children's Social Care:
If you have concerns that a child or young person living in Medway is suffering from harm, please use the following contact details:
- Tel: 01634 334466
- Click here for their website.
Medway's First Response Service (Social Services)
- Telephone: 01634 334466
- 24-hour emergency number: 03000 419191
- or click here for more details about Medway Council Social Care and Health.
Domestic Abuse Support in Kent and Medway
- Telephone: 0808 200 0247 (National Domestic Abuse Helpline)
- Click here for Domestic Abuse Support in Kent & Medway website.
Alternative telephone numbers where you have concerns about a child:
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
- Child Line: 0800 1111
- Medway Police: 01622 690690
Useful contact details:
- Police non-emergency number: 101
- Emergency services number: 999
- LADO (Local Authority Designated Officer) Tel: 01634 331065