Special Education Needs and Inclusion
At St Mary's Island Church of England Primary School, we are committed to offering an inclusive curriculum to ensure the best possible progress for all our pupils whatever their needs or abilities. Pupils identified with special educational needs may have a difficulty which calls for a special educational provision to be made for them. This may sometimes be connected to a physical disability.
The specific objectives for meeting special educational needs in this school are:
- To identify pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities as early as possible in their time with us in order to meet their needs.
- To include all children with special educational need and/or disabilities in all activities in the school.
- To ensure that learners make the best possible progress.
- To keep parents informed of their child's special educational needs and provision and have effective communication between parents and school.
- To seek the learners’ views so that they are fully involved in decisions which affect their education.
- To promote effective partnership and involve outside agencies when appropriate.
All staff are committed to full inclusion for all children. We have an experienced and well-trained inclusion team and Teaching Assistants who deliver support in the classroom and in withdrawal groups.
For more information, see our SEN Report.
For more information, also see our Accessibility Plan.